6.16.2012

Camping rocks my world.

I can't even explain how much fun I had. I love Pine Valley, it truly is one-of-a-kind. My favorite parts:

-When Madi, Ken & Amber said they could go. I literally danced around my whole house out of excitement. Like I said before, that's the hardest part and I scored three people.
-Making our own camping spot by a small stream.
-Digging a fire pit.
-Venturing out to find big enough rocks to put around the fire, only to find a beautiful hidden river. (pictures to come later)
-Starting the fire with Amber and happily maintaining it.
-Taking out my Nutella and hearing Amber and Kennedy say that they both brought some too. Big jars, at that.
-Talking & almost falling asleep in our camp chairs.
-The stars.
-Watching the coals light up as we spread them apart to put out the fire.
-Laying on my sleeping pad, happy as can be.
-Listening to Amber sleep talk.
-Waking up to the sound of the river.
-Taking my not-yet-named backpack on her first trip. She's been lonely.
-Coming back to find freshly picked peaches off our peach tree.

There's just something about sleeping in a tent, making a campfire, beautiful mountains, and literally doing whatever you want that makes me so content and filled with joy.








Happy camping to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I couldn't come. Looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I want to come next time :)

    ReplyDelete