9.20.2012

Turn that frown upside-down.

Lately, all I ever do is school. I live it, breath it, pretty much worship it. It's getting ridiculous. Why do I have this ridiculous motivation to get straight A's? I don't know. Actually, I do know.

THE DREAM- high paying job, make my own work schedule, go on whatever backpacking trips I want to whenever I want. So really, I just want to do whatever I want and do work in the meantime. Cool. 

Back to the point -- I was sitting there in the library for hours and hours working on this dang political science paper, as well as every other subject you could imagine, and then my brain hurt too much. So I stopped to take a little break. I put in my earbuds and turned on my playlist called, "I like a lot" on spotify (very original, I know). 

The first song that came on, in my very distressed state, was like warm hot cocoa on a cold winter day or delicious cold lemonade on a hot summer day (whatever sounds best to you). It was the greatest thing. I just lost all care in the world and did a slight non-noticeable shimmy while grinning ear-to-ear in the library. I'm sure it was great entertainment for the cool kids around me. 

Long story short: This song, and really this whole playlist, makes me happy and relieves me from stress. I haven't pinpointed exactly why yet but when I do, I'll let you know. 

And this one's pretty great and hilarious too..

Some wisdom I've figured out this week: Find a good balance in your life between the things you love and school, always listen to music when your spirits are low, college makes you learn everything you would ever want to know about yourself, don't feel like a loser when no one will go to yet another concert with you (make this #2) and life rocks.

Later alligators.

3 comments: